Wednesday, January 16, 2008

January, 7, 2008

I know its late...but I've been trying to think what I wanted to say about this night. Talk about a long night, and I wasn't even in the areas hit by the tornadoes. But lately, I've started a chatroom on irc.wyldryde.org called #Tornado_Watch. You can find me in there as DasFamiliar or ThePrepressDude.

During that night, a friend of mine and I were in that chat keeping up with the watches an warnings. Or at least we tried. I couldn't believe what was going on. Literally counties were getting tornado warning after tornado warning. I think at one point, Pulaski County, Missouri had at least 4-5 tornado warnings the night I was watching the storm. But they weren't just the only county.

What makes this night so odd that it happened the second week of January. I never really heard of that happening. When I say that, no telling if it ever has, I personally just never heard of this situation. But what makes the event even weirder, is that 3 nights later... another outbreak occurred, however it wasn't as severe.

Today its January 15th, snow is on the way, so what is ahead of this season. My friends will think I am crazy, but honestly guys... I really don't know. I've been thrown into a loop with this, and like everyone else, we'll just have to wait and see.

Btw, the last time I checked... Storm Prediction Center's preliminary count of tornadoes as of this year, is 89. Tornado Count of 2008

No comments: